Sunday, 22 June 2008

Leaving De La Salle

photo of Coventry Univerisity, Coventry, EnglandImage via Wikipedia
 After spending a year as a student teacher at Our Ladys in Birmingham in 1960 I was all set to go to the next stage. During this period I was staying at my aunt Alice's house in Stockton Road as a sort of paid lodger. In her favour she did not always take the weekly monies, however it may have been better if I had found somewhere else to stay. Shortly after I started in the Training college in Manchester I was requested to return to Coventry to attend court as a witness. My aunt and her second husband, both now deceased, were having some problems over their daughters custody. The details are sketchy but there was some sort of assault, which happened while I was still there, which explained why the case went to court. (If I had been elsewhere I could not have been called as a witness and I would possibly still have continued to finish the teachers course, instead I decided to return to Coventry and look for work).
These major changes are the ones which determine the future for generations to come, yet are initiated by relatively minor events.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: