Thursday, 27 November 2008

Bugatti Lecture at Coventry Uni

(left) A classic Mini (right) a modern BMW MINI.Image via WikipediaToday 26Th Nov 2008 went back to university again for the Bugatti lecture at the Goldstein Lecture theatre in the Allen Berry building. Renowned bicycle engineer Dr Alex Moulton was the guest speaker. Approx 100 turned up to listen,some students and other uni literati and interested parties. Was not able to identify anyone amongst those present. While waiting in the foyer with the tea and biscuits and standing beside the 1965 Mini Cooper I was engaged in conversation with someone from the Uni. This person said he'd only been at Cov Uni for 12 months and obviously picking up my N Irish accent, reminded me that an Irish driver(Paddy Hopkirk) had been at the wheel when this Mini model won the Monte Carlo rally in 1964. I had a strange feeling that I was gatecrashing some private club for 'boffins'.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: