Tuesday, 26 January 2010

It's never too late is it?

Popped into town again today by bus to pay my council tax and browse a few shops at random.
Had decided to stay away from the OLBG pro punters league on Pc as was not meeting my targets for strike rate.
Having completed my business at the council house I looked into Coral's bookies and luckily the 1.20 race at Southwell had a runner which had a price way above my idea of its chances. I decided to take the price at 14/1 and watched it lead all the way. Could have done with this on the Pro punters league. * Sod's law!
Anyhow it paid for the shopping and as I headed back to the bus station at Poole Meadow I looked into Ladbroke's betting shop (amazing how 6 betting shops can exist in such a small area).
Inside I bumped into Phil McShane,originating from Derry city. He had just recently celebrated his * 80th birthday and I forgot to ask if he was still working. When I met him last year he was working part time in a solicitors office.
  He is a 1st cousin of John Hume, no need to say who he is!
* Just 2 examples of the importance of keeping going.

No comments: