Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Late birthday - the surprise

Shopping mall
Shopping mall (Photo credit: pix.plz)
Thursday the 23rd August - another good day for umbrellas. This was a day for the last minute shopping and we all set off for Antrim  to Junction One shopping centre - this would be no 5 minute session - it took at least 2 hours.
We went into a cafe in the shopping centre for a quick cuppa and cake - luckily I have forgotten the name of the place - slow service  and tables showing evidence of the previous three hours customers crumbs.
Returned to the Broagh late afternoon and had a wee dander around to the relatives houses - a continuation of the Tuesday and Wednesday danders.
Walked around to brother Hugh's house and soon after Angela called around to pick me up in the car.
I thought something was up when I got back and Maread said 'do you want to freshen up' - I was beginning to put the pieces together.
About half an hour later I went over to Angela's and the place was full. Food on the table. Lots of conversations going on.
Suddenly a cake was produced with 7 lit candles (don't know where the other 63 went) and the Happy Birthday song burst forth. It was certainly a surprise.
All visits are fleeting and this one was no exception.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: