The Return
Having spent nearly 6 weeks back in The Broagh outside Castledawson I had booked a return journey to Coventry with National Express. In hindsight I would not do this trip again.
A coach trip to Ayr and Glasgow followed by a 3 hour wait before boarding the Birmingham coach it was starting to feel like a marathon on wheels. Changed at B'ham for the Coventry coach and arrived at 7.30 am on Tuesday 2nd August.
Had left Belfast at 3.30 on 1st August for the journey to Cairnryan.
Sixteen hours on the move.
However there was one bright section on the trip. I had managed to get the front seat on the coach to Ayr and was joined by a young woman from Killyleagh in Co.Down. Lots of conversation (both of us were Irish) and the time went faster. She was traveling to meet a friend in Ayr and before getting of the coach she produced a handful of Fox's Glacier Mints from deep within her handbag - "have these" she said I was at a loss for words - the polar bear had been on those mints for 100 years and I was 20 years younger.
Food for thought.

No comments:
Post a Comment