NOT THE " O" IN THE BROAGH
This is not even a letter - its a number -part of the 80 milestone which I reached this year.
We had arranged for a short break in the Broagh at the end of June so granddaughter Gemma booked her car on the Birkenhead to Belfast ferry on 24th June. Myself daughters Pauline and Siobhan with driver Gemma set off on the trip. My son John flew over later.
On the Sunday (26th) I had just settled down to watch some football match on TV when someone told me that Adele & Clodagh were singing in the "The Thatch". Off we go.
Although I had been to Anahorish many times in my teens I had never been inside "The Thatch". This first occasion was a complete surprise.
A birthday surprise party had been organised with the music, balloons,cake and a room full of mostly familiar faces.
The music and conversations went on for a few hours.
A night to remember - to name the persons responsible for this event would be difficult so I'll just thank all concerned (they know who they are)

No comments:
Post a Comment